Their embedding of the video in their blog meant that the clip had over 6,000 views yesterday which meant that it got the following ‘honours’ on YouTube.
I was stunned. The most viewed UK news clip of the day. And the 10th most viewed UK clip of the day.
A couple of things worth thinking about:
- The link from the Guardian is what ‘made’ the clip
- It’s not the best clip of the fire on YouTube (there are superior ones that have far less views)
- I couldn’t tell you why they picked up on my clip, but I guess I was pretty quick at getting it uploaded (but it can only have been a matter of minutes)
- I suspect that they found the YouTube clip through my blog – otherwise they’d have just linked to the clip itself. And the indexing of YouTube is generally pretty slow so it’s not a good way to find ‘up to the minute’ clips.
- Which leads me to believe that they might have used something like Technorati to find the entry – searching for London Fire perhaps?!?
I guess it shows the power of connectedness, searchability and speed.
Which we should all know about by now ;-)