by Iain on July 15, 2009
I’ve not been a huge fan of Spotify. I can’t put my finger on why not. I love the idea. I quite like the interface and things. I’ve even come to terms with Jonathan and his ads.
I think that my problem is that I can’t find the music I want. Faced with an empty search box (when I know the results are going to be quite mainstream) my mind just goes blank. And I end up listening to things that I hate, just because they pop into my head quickly.
But a couple of minutes round sharemyplaylists.com and I’ve found:
- The most sampled breakbeats ever – a great collection of funk, soul and more.
- A history of Detroit techno
- A bunch of mod scooter classics
- Celebrations of some of the most influential indie labels, like XL Recordings
- And of course some whomping trance classics
I’m hoping that this might open up the floodgates to the world of Spotify for me.