I’ve never been one for giving pretentious names to mixes. Until now.
Apricity is such a great word, it means: the warmth of the sun in winter. And that’s the sound I was trying to create in this mix. Something that’ll make a chilly walk to work just a little bit warmer.
- The Model – Overproof Sound System
- Flashback (Jazzanova’s Breathe Easy Mix) – Fat Freddy’s Drop
- Absynth (Marcus Worgull Remix) – Projections vs Woolfy
- Keep Believin’ – Tensnake
- White Diamond – Hatchback
- Zillion Lights – Raz Ohara And Djuma Soundsystem
- Paris (Aeroplane Mix) – Friendly Fires
- Little Bit (Loving Hand Mix) – Lykke Li
- Donut – M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade
- Guinea Pig (Vocal Variation Mix feat Julia Biel) – Ben Watt
- Winter – Aril Brikha
- I’m In Love With A German Film Star (Gui Boratto Mix) – Pet Shop Boys and Sam Taylor Wood
- Iridium (Superpitcher Remix) – Lullabies In The Dark
Download the mix through the Podcast via iTunes.
Enjoy, and thanks to Russell for the word.
I often think that these things are ‘the best ever’ when I’ve just done them, because the tunes are new and I guess if I didn’t at least like them a bit I don’t think I’d bother. But at this particular moment in time I think this is one of the best that I’ve done, ever.