It’s been a little while since I climbed the ladder into the loft to put some more tracks into a mix. But that’s what I did at the weekend. And here’s the result.
I struggle with genres these days and when I go ‘up there’ to do a mix I tend to have an imaginary audience, place or time of day in my head. Then I try to do a mix that might work in that situation I’ve invented. I don’t know if that’s something that other people do, but it really helps me to focus and direct what I’m playing.
This mix was made for a made-up electronic radio station in San Francisco to be broadcast at 1am on a Saturday in July. It’ll never reach them and it’ll never get played there. But you can pretend it came from there if it helps.
Here’s the tracklist.
- Japan – Plastician
- Some Way Through This (Plastician and Skream Remix) – Black Ghosts
- Wide Road (Soulteks Morning Dub) – I:
- Pferd (The Mole’s Lost in The Woods Remix) – Pole
- Durch Die Nocht (Geiger Mix) – Dorau/Kohncke
- Revox (Deadset Chase the Dragon Remix) – Tim Green
- La Conga – Riva Starr
- Cornflake Boy (Solomun Dub Remix) – Marbert Rocel
- Butta (Original Mix) – Sassomatic
- Morphine (Frencesco Diaz Young Rebels Mix) – John Dahlback
- The Move To The Sun (Edit) – Serafin
- Classic Reality (Original Mix) – Jay Shepheard
- Smile and Receive (Apparat Mix) – Swayzak
EDIT: DivShare is down for maintenance. So I’ve stuck it on Rapidshare instead:
Download here: July Mix from The Loft
You can play it here:
Or if you want to take it away for your iPod you can download it below (you can’t just right click and save as, you have to visit DivShare to get it):
July Mix From the Loft 2008 (left click to download)