Poke are hiring. We’re looking for a new creative director.
It’s a nice place to work, or at least I think so.
We’re looking for someone quite particular. If you’re interested, or think you know someone who might be, please take a look at the job description here.
I had a great response to the last plea for help and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the web and the lovely people who sometimes read this blog might be able to help.
If you’re responsible for a successful lead, or are a successful applicant through my blog I’m sure I can furnish you with some kind of decent reward. I’m not sure what yet but we’ll work something out…
POKE want a new creative director
Weâ€™ve got 2. But we want another.
You might be asking: â€œWhy would any agency want 3 creative directors?â€. And the answer would be pretty simple. We are a creative agency. Hopefully a very creative agency. And we like our creative directors to get deeply involved in projects. (Not necessarily in a hands-on way). So we need more of them than most agencies. Plus one of ours is going to be the Vice President of the D&AD next year, which leaves us with a bit of a creative hole.
Poke is a digital agency. You will need to love the internet and all its illegitimate love-children (mobile, online advertising, email, and the other ones that we donâ€™t know about). But that doesnâ€™t mean that your background is necessarily in a â€˜digital agencyâ€™. But we do want someone with a few years of digitally experience.
Weâ€™re looking for someone who:
- Wants to work end-to-end on some of the most interesting projects in the online space
- Will inspire absolutely everyone (internally and externally)
- Is insanely good at coming up with amazing interactive ideas, the sort of ideas that are head-scratchingly awesome
- Loves talking to clients (and clients love talking to them)
- Believes their best work is yet to come
Your job is not:
- Lording it up over everyone and taking credit for their work
- Sitting in a corner office making junior creatives cry
- Signing off work (or not) with a flourish of your Cannes 1998 memorial biro
(If youâ€™re looking for this job we can point you in a couple of directions)
In recruiter-speak the role consists of:
- Originating ideas and creative problem solving
- Creatively overseeing client projects and be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the idea and the overall quality of the work
- Managing the creative aspects of projects from concept to completion
- Selling the idea and approach to clients and managing them through the sign off process to maintain the quality and integrity of the idea
- Leading and directing the creative team in the production process
- Overall championing of ideas and creativity internally and externally.
- Poke is a creatively centered company and the environment, culture and stimulation need to be maintained to nurture creativity. We would expect you to help in this nurturing
We’ll pay good money for the right person and you’ll get to work somewhere pretty cool and have the flexibility to shape your own role and indeed the future of the agency.
If youâ€™re interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you know someone who might be interested please pass this on.
Absolute confidentiality is assured. And dropping me a mail or meeting up for a chat can be totally informal with no strings if you just want to learn more.
I will not look at anything from recruiters, sorry. Nothing against you. But that’s just the way it is.